Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Empty
PostSubject: Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC   Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Any discussion concerning any of the new story lines can go on here....

Last edited by Tiphereth on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC   Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:09 pm

I set up Spurs N Six Guns in its own forum. I figured enough detail has already gone into to it so to keep everything organized its sitting a category for 'period pieces'.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC   Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Cleared out the stalled stories. They are now in the Abyss.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC   Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Cool, I was going to ask you about that as mine seemed to have bombed. LOL Will have to think up something else.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC   Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:54 am

Sure. In my opinion the best scenarios are broad. Naturally rules have to be applied to define the boundaries but the world has to be such that people can easily imagine and move through it. Another thing that can kill a story is when the subject itself does not allow one to pull from the 'generic role-playing knowledge pool' or common pop culture.

I've been working on new scenario I am calling, 'Omega Wave'. Essentially it is another 'Heroes' style story. It takes place in a futuristic society that is witnessing the birth of a new species of Humans who are endowed with physical and mental abilities. Its nothing new, merely the amalgamation of one of my all time favorite movies, Bladerunner and an old movie about telepaths, called Scanners. It is a fairly straight forward story but 'pop culture' has a VERY different view on how to portray 'psychic abilities' than I do, thus the story has a lower success rate. I cannot change the rules I have written about the 'omegapathic' abilities because it defines the story, but it goes against what most people consider it would be like to 'read' another person's mind. I present telepathy to be WAY more complicated than just somebody listening to a person speaking in their head. Honestly, how many people have full conversations in their mind? Our thoughts are a complex combination of visualizations, recounts of what was spoken and our creative minds interpreting everything around us. Just imagine tapping into someone else's mind and being bombarded with their thoughts, it would be intense and dangerous, for even if the other mind is not telepathic it would still naturally attempt to dominate any others linked to it.

It would be a very realistic look at mental powers. I find it very interesting but I have my doubts that it would be everyone's cup of tea, and so right off it doesn't have the makings for a successful scenario. The trick is broadening the parts of the story which my own personal interests have narrowed which is REALLY difficult, but I'm working on it.

Smile
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC   Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:06 am

I've always thought that the reading of minds dealt more with emotions than actual mind reading. But, that's just me. LOL
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC   Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:14 am

What I depict is that Telepathy and Empathy are two different abilities but are connected to one another. Basically, Empathy is a rudimentary for of telepathy, some Humans actual possess the most basic form of this skill. Some 'omegapaths' or 'psykinets' may not fully develop their 'Empathy' along with their 'Telepathy' and it is extremely rare for an individual to excel at both. I depict the abilities come from two very different regions of the brain, Empathy being 'emotional' and Telepathy, 'logical'. Kind of like the Artistic mind vs. the Mathematical, there are people that excel at both but they are quite uncommon.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC   Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Moved Omega Wave into the main forum. You'll find it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC   Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grimnir's Inn - Story Discussion OOC
Page 1 of 1