Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

HEROES Chapter 6

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:39 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Sigma_Slayer

"Thanks Doc." Said, Sigma then ended his call.

By the sound of the running water he caught Wraith in the shower. 'The guy made pretty good time', he thought, 'poor bastard', now he had to rush and get ready for work after tangling with RAID all night. Despite his late night activities the guy was still sharp as a tack and had quickly answered his questions.

Sigma dialed up Seizure again.

"Seizure... me again. Hey, just got through talking with Wraith. Something's been bothering me about this whole situation and he filled me on his theory. Patch me into the P.A. would ya?"

The secure phones used within the base all had the capability to access the speaker system and so Seizure put is call through.

"Cowboy? Hopefully you don't have any soap in your ears, this is Sigma." Echoed through the entire base, "Check out any old pictures that Morgan might have from her past. We're looking for any women that she might have known, possibly dead. Don't ask me to explain, just when you find them compare the images to those that were downloaded from Siezure's mind into that program that Wraith rigged up. The Doc mentioned something he called the, 'doppleganger effect'. Good luck."

Sigma ended his call and kept an eye on the girl from a hidden location. He kept his distance, figuring he'd just watch and see where she was heading. She vanished into an alley for a while, but from his vantage point he had a pretty good view of the area and would be able to spot her when she finally emerged. There was always a chance she could worm out of some other hole somewhere but he was confident that she wasn't going to deviate from her present course.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:40 pm

Back at the Water Front Restaurant...

While all eyes fell upon Grey and his meek assistant only a short, portly man leaned back and broke the silence with a hoarse laugh.

"Vallens? Yer afder Vallens?" The man questioned, "You must have some kinda death wish, kid. You and your pal there won't get within fifty feet a the guy before he puts a bullet in yers heads."

The man pointed his finger at both Grey and Scav and pretended to shoot them both in the head, then he started laughing again. He simmered down when a bug-like man with thick glasses bent over and whispered something into his ear, then the man suddenly sobered.

"Okay, so who the f&$% hired you? Bastianelli? That &$%#-suckin bastard Graziano? Ya dunno do ya? That's just that bastard's style. Ya know what I'm a gonna do. I'm gonna tell ya where this #$%&er is. He stole frum me, and no one steals frum Musolino. Capice?

Musolino then nodded to the bug eyed man and he promptly handed Grey an envelope. In it was a photograph and information describing the mafia hit-man and where to find him.

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Hitman19

"Damien is one of da best." Said Musolino, "If you kill 'em come back and see me, both a ya, we'll talk. He's got some hired men watchin' his back, so you'll have ta take dem out before ya's can get to him."

That was all Musolino had to say. He turned his attention back his meal and everyone else at his table went back to business as if Grey and Scav were no longer in their presence.

Scavenger didn't wasted any time backing out of the lion's den and awaited to Grey to join him before he gave his two cents.

"HOLY, $#&#ING SHIT! This guy is like a freaking deadly assassin. We're dead! And don't say I don't f$%#ing matter 'cause if I don't help you pull this off, I'm out on the street."

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Scavenger
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:38 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Grey
"If you end up dead, then ending up on the streets isn't a big deal is it? So no, you don't matter," said Grey coldly without looking at him as he unfolded the envelope. Scanning the contents, he glanced over the guy's picture and an address which meant nothing to him before looking back up at Scavenger with a blank expression, "and I'm a deadly assassin, too, dumbass," he added before pushing the envelope against Stefan's chest and walking purposefully back towards the car.

Collapsing back into the car, Grey contorted himself to get out of the clothes and back into his old ones before lighting a cigarette and pulling out the map from before. Squinting down at it, he glanced at the address again and found the rough area he was supposed to go to and pulled quickly out of the space. Scavenger was jostled forward as he struggled back into his own clothes before lighting his own cigarette. Cracking the window to tip the ash off of his cigarette, Grey flipped on the radio and let the hip hop blast through the car while he relaxed and let out a flurry of swears and racial slurs.

The address wasn't too far away and Grey's indifferently reckless driving got them there in a few minutes. The building was large and looked like any other site of murder Grey had been to before. Parking in a spot hidden in shadows not far from the building, he got out and checked his gun before turning to Scavenger.

"Fly around there," he ordered, "then lemme know what we gotta deal with."
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Scavenger was just getting comfortable in his seat when Grey told him to make a fly by on the building. "F&^$ man! What if they f@#%ing shoot at me?" he whined.

Grey simply cast Scav a pissed off look that said so much as, 'I'll shoot you if you don't move your ass', and so he rolled down the window and in the blink of an eye morphed into a raven. He leapt up to the ledge, squawked angrily at his partner and flew off.

Scavenger returned about fifteen minutes later. The raven glided in through the open window and Stefan was suddenly perched on the seat, staring at Grey. He flopped down, pulled out a pack of smokes, drummed one out and lit the tip. He took a long drag and exhaled slowly. He did this purposely agitate his impatient partner, but he knew Grey's limits and just before he burst relayed what he saw.

"I never saw this Damien guy, but he has like ten guys, that I saw standing guard and they're all, like walking around with rifles, shotguns and shit. There are three in the front vestibule, three at the back door and then there are like four guys patrolling the second floor. I flew around the fourth floor then took a quick look at the roof... nothin'." Scav described, then he took another long drag.

"I did see something you'll like, man." Scav added, his voice cracking from the smoke he exhaled. He then pointed his finger straight up and smiled.

Grey had to poke his head out of the car window to see what Scav was talking about but when looked up he saw it. The taller building next door which was under construction had one those large cranes on its roof and the construction crew was off. The crane was leaning partly over the adjacent building that held Vallens, so it already in position all that had to be done was lower the cable.

"Bet that's got ya horny." Said Scav with grin, "I thought maybe you could use it to get on to the roof." he mentioned not fully expecting Grey to consider the high risk tactic. He was the assassin, not him, Scav was just a thief and a flying one at that, so he really never thought much about the dangers of heights. Just seemed cool to him, he never actually considered how practical the idea was, or also the fact that there was another building on the other side which was a forty foot leap away.

Scav flicked his butt out the window. "So man, like what's the plan. I mean like if this guy is a hit man too, isn't he like going to second guess your every move? Shit! What if the guys a meta?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:55 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 _hunte10Sasha somehow kept going, heading towards the Green Stree Base dressed as the clean up, female worker. Her head still pounded, her stomach rolling as Morgan's memories flooded her head. She didn't understand what was happening, only that there was something on Green Street that she had to get to. She rounded the corner, when another strong memory hit her, dropping her to her knees.

~She was looking into a grove of trees, next to what looked like an old farmhouse. The man from the alley was standing next to her, holding her in his arms. She felt safe...protected there and didn't want to leave. He brushed her lips lightly, smiling down at her.~

The memory then shifted and she was standing with him and the blond woman, staring down at a man laying on the ground.

~The man was hurt, bleeding and she wanted to help him, take him back to the farmhouse, but the man from the alley wouldn't let her. She was angry and words were exchanged between them and the blond woman. The hurt she felt was unbearable for she could feel that it was not in her to leave an injured being. But she did. For him...the man from the alley.~

Sasha thought she would vomit, but was able to hold it down. Getting to her feet, she continued on, reaching the outside of the warehouse that served as a base.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:48 am

The morning sun filtered through the warehouse district chasing away the remaining darkness of the eventful night. The nightshift that had been working all night clearing the debris and restoring power were glad to pass their responsibilities to the morning crew. Still, in other parts of the area, life went on and workers pulled into their lots to start their shifts after being detoured round the destruction of the tornado cutting a diagonal swath across several streets including Green.

Sigma had been keeping an eye on the 'doppleganger' from around a corner. She had ducked down an alley and moments later he observed that one of the workers from the clean up crew had wandered down the same lane. Curiously he waited, keeping his eyes trained on the entrance, and a some time later the same worker emerged and returned to her duties.

Some time went by and Sigma was getting ansi, so he strolled over to the alley and casually entered it like someone looking for an address. He quickly found that it lead to a dead end and as he took the time to check the few doors he found them to be locked and untampered with. Bewildered he scratched his head and looked upward. He couldn't see any way that he with his heightened strength and agility could scale the walls, so he wondered if the girl had some kind of flying ability.

The alley had 'L' shape and he already checked round the corner, but as he surveyed the heights of it he was alerted to the sound of a muffled groan coming from the dumpster. Approaching it without caution, Sigma already suspecting what he was going to find and when he flipped the lid found the half naked, semi-conscious construction worker in the trash.

"Shit." Cursed Sigma and immediately pulled out his phone and called Seizure as he made his way quickly out of the alley. He wanted to try and see if he spot the disguised girl, but more importantly he wanted to distance himself from the scene of the crime.

"Seizure, it's me again." he told the telepath, "She gave me the slip. She's dressed as a construction worker. I don't see her, I'm gonna head your way."

Sigma ended the call and started walking toward the blocked off areas.

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Sheridan_barry

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Wraith

Wraith shuffled down the stairs of his apartment and slowly dragged himself to work. Only four blocks from the Science Centre of St. Joseph Hospital it was pointless to drive and he hoped that the fresh morning air might invigorate him. After two blocks, however, all he felt like doing was turning around and marching right back to his bed and since that wasn't going to happen he cursed at himself for getting sucked into to Sigma's little adventure. He could only blame himself and he should have known better but putting aside the costume took more willpower than he believed he had.

"Early to bed tonight." he promised himself as he crossed over Commonwealth Avenue and made his way across the decorative square that lead up to the front doors of Spears Science Center. Pushing through a revolving door, he approached the security check point in the foyer and was stopped by a heavy set man in white and blue uniform. The guard who was of African American descent was as tall and larger than Devon but despite his imposing size possessed kind features and a bright smile.

"Good morning, sir. Identification please." he requested.

"Identification?" Questioned Devon, "I wasn't aware that I required any. I'm sorry, it's my first day." he apologized.

Untroubled with the mishap, the large security guard requested Devon's name and where he was employed. He entered the data into the computer then said, "Ah, your security pass will be issued today." he then smiled and gestured that he could proceed to the elevator. "Genomorph Labs are on the fifth floor, east wing, Mr. Gale. You have a nice day now."

The exterior elevator had glass windows allowing, Devon to look out across a green expanse of landscaped meadows and boulevards stretching out toward Lake Shore Drive, North and Diversey Harbor. Reaching the fifth floor only took a moment and so he barely had time to appreciate the view and marvel over the fourteen or so rows of yachts moored in the harbor.

The elevator opened right in front of the Genemorph Laboratories doors and Devon entered through the frosted glass doors and into a round reception room.

"How can I help you?" Immediately asked the young man sitting in a round cubical at its center and upon his introduction, Devon was asked to wait for Doctor Reinhardt. Harly five minutes had elapsed when a distinguished looking man in his forties with immaculate hair weaing a sharp black suit emerged through the doors on the other side of the room.

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 94548-bill_pullman_independence_day

Smiling he moved toward, Devon his hand outstretched, "It is so good to finally meet you." he greeted, "I'm Doctor Max Reinhardt, please allow me to show you around our facility."

The tour lasted approximately an hour and in that time, Devon met the other doctors and lab techs besides learning the location of his lab as well as his duties and responsibilities. After that he was given his security clearance and introduced to the team that he would be working with. He had his own cubical, no office since he had not been hired to function to his full capacity, but more or less as lab technician assisting the senior researchers with their projects.

Devon settled into his work straight away, staving off his sleepiness by keeping as busy as possible. He couldn't help but wonder though, while he performed basic DNA analysis on lab samples, what trouble Sigma was getting himself into. His thoughts then wandered to Morgan's condition, and that he should maybe call in and check on her, and he also found himself imagining what Amazon did when she wasn't flying above the city in her leopard print costume.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:58 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Apex_Fusion

Sunlight shone through the thick forest canopy, the beams of light like ghostly bars imprisoning the giant man who stood within them. A breeze came up, rustling the deep green leaves above and playing with the man's long white hair. His open black shirt fluttered across the rippling muscles of his exposed chest and abdomen while his powerful legs flexed beneath his faded jeans in a bent position. His eyes were closed. He breathed slowly in through his nose and exhaled through his mouth. This he did several times then is white eyes flashed open and he moved.

With the ferocity of a mad lion, the man threw a front kick directly into the tree before him, his white mane flowing behind him as leapt into the air. He struck the mature elm tree with such force that his heavy boot sunk into the bark and the roots groaned against its power as the earth cracked and buckled around them.

Pushing himself off of the tree, he flew across the grove, twisting in the air and throwing his arm in a wide arching strike against a heavy bough. There was a tremendous crack as the thick branch exploded from the impact.

The man stood for a moment in a stylized pose. Splinters hung in the air, captured by the rays of light, and fresh green leaves rained down about him. The skin where his forearm had struck the bough was reddened and he had a slight abrasion but was otherwise unaffected from the blow that would have torn a normal man's arm off.

He crooked his neck, alerted to the sound of approaching foot steps and recognizing them straightened up and tossed his hair back from his face. Turning around his pupiless milky white blue eyes fell upon a small, meek man in a brown suit, who was breathing heavily from his small hike up the incline.

The visitor who had the distinct look of a lawyer fumbled his way through the branches of the large tree limb that now obstructed the path. Stumbling out of the brush he dusted himself off and fixed his hair and glasses before delivering his message.

"Mr. Fusion," the man said, "The deal has gone through. You are now the owner of Ash Landing." he was pleased to report.

Apex Fusion smiled at the news and walked over to a nearby tree and grabbed the towel that he had hung in it. He wiped his face then looped it around his neck.

"That is good news." he replied, a noticeable South African accent to his voice. "What's happening with my other investments?" he inquired.

The lawyer pushed up his glasses and cleared his throat as he reached into his breast pocket and procured his PDA. It took a few minutes to read his emails while Apex Fusion awaited, become increasingly anxious by the second. The large man was just about to comment on his assistants lack of preparation when he relayed the information provided by his many contacts.

"Your most recent project seems to be going well. Target has been located and I am currently awaiting a progress report." said the man, barely raising his eyes from the small screen, "And it seems that Amazon once more eluded, R.A.I.D., even after you practically gift wrapped her. It seems that she had some help..." he paused as he read further. "Oh, you are going to love this." he relayed.

"Just spit it out already." prompted Apex, his patience wearing thin.

"She was helped by Wraith and the infamous Sigma Seventeen, otherwise known as the Sigma Slayer." the lawyer announced.

This news caused Apex's scowl to stretch into a fiendish grin. "Well, that is good news." he commented, "Thank you, Luthor. That will be all."

"Pardon me, sir, but might I inquire as to the significance of this Wraith fellow?" Asked Luthor.

Apex turned around and simply said, "No." and continued on his away up the trail in the opposite direction into dense forest.

Luthor remained where he stood his eyes burning into the back of the large brute. He was a Harvard graduate. Top of his class. Reduced to taking orders from a megalomanic meta, but the guy payed well and could reduce him to pile of mush with his little finger so he called the shots. He could at least take some satisfaction that the mighty Apex Fusion was defeated by a tree. "Guess he's not as strong as he thinks." thought the lawyer as he started to turn around to make his way back down the hill to where he parked his car delighting in his employer's miscalculation.

The lawyer was fighting his way back through the fallen bough's branches when he heard a loud snap. He turned around just in time to see the elm tree slowly topple over as the trunk snapped in half where Apex had struck it. The force of his blow had literally sheered the tree in half and it had only just fell as the giant man walked away.

As the sound of the falling tree echoed through the forest, Apex grinned sinisterly. He did not miscalculate, not ever. Nor did he share his plans with lowly minions, especially Human ones, but all would be revealed soon enough.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Grey leaned out the window, peeking up at the buildings, then back at Scav, then back at the buildings. Finally he sat back in his seat and turned to him with a sarcastic look in his eyes.

"Sorry dude, I don't share your hard-on for construction workers. I'll just go up there." He pointed with his own cigarette to the other building with was a fair jump but one that Grey could easily make and didn't involve his having to balance on a piece of construction equipment (although he could do that too). Pulling out his gun and dropping out the magazine to make sure it was full, he padded himself down and then dug around the car until he found some spare ammo and stuck it into one of his many pockets. "Here's what we're gonna do," he began, then pause as his face and head decided to twitch a few times. He took a drag on his cigarette before he continued with an intense stare into Scav's eyes. "First, you're gonna do whatever the f#$% I tell you when the f#%& I tell you, no matter what you think. We're gonna go through the air ducts. They're made'a metal so take off all your jewelry and shit. We gotta be completely quiet in there. Any move and they're gonna hear it we're both dead, got it?"

Stefan nodded listening intently as the weight of what he was about to do was forced onto the thief.

"We're gonna go around to where you said you saw those guys and see if we can find out where this Damien guy is. Then, when it's time to take 'em down, you're gonna make a distraction. Act like you're some stupid ass bird that got stuck in the walls or somethin' . . . shouldn't be too hard for you," he added with a smirk making Stefan roll his eyes and scowl at him. "There's vents over the rooms, like you know for air and stuff in the ceilings," Grey went on, "when I tell you, you're gonna be the dumbass bird and fall through the vent and distract 'em and shit. I'll do the rest. Got it?"
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:07 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Ayana
Ayana picked up Sigma's call for the third time as she followed Morgan out of the base and into the streets. She nodded and gave him an "okay" at the information regarding the doppelganger's disguise.

"Honestly," she said when he finished speaking, "I think Morgan's going to find her for us." When they hung up the phone, Seizure paused, considering the whole crazy situation that had suddenly unraveled before them. She didn't know who or what to expect, but she could feel the second presence growing closer. Turning to Mikala, she said quickly "hold on one sec, I'll be right back." She then jogged back into the house and called for Cowboy and Kekoa.

"Can you guys just give us some back up? I'm sure I could deal with whatever this girl might have up her sleeve, but just to be on the safe side, especially with Morgan and Mikala out there, can you just come with us to meet this person . . . thing . . . whatever?" She wasn't quite sure how to explain, but she was always one to err on the side of caution. If the person being somehow guided to their secret base through Morgan's unconscious thoughts was benign, then she saw nothing wrong with having an entourage. If Seizure did have reason to worry, however, she didn't want to be scrambling to protect two people against something she didn't know or understand.

Turning, she glanced outside to where Morgan was pulling against Mikala out onto Green Street. She could feel a consciousness approaching when she reached out with her own mind. As Cowboy and Kekoa followed her, she gave them a quick summary of what Sigma had told her about the apparent doppelganger or whatever this was dressed as a construction worker headed their way. She felt almost ridiculous just trying to put words to it and hoped it made more sense to them hearing it than it did to her saying it. As she jogged back to Morgan, Seizure paused, staring out into the street where a figure in an orange hat and reflective vest was inching her way towards them.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:37 am

Devon had just met the woman he would be working closely with on one of Genomorph Lab's top projects when his PDA went off. A few minutes ago he would have answered the tell tale ring of Sigma in a heart beat, but that was before he met Krystal Kershen.

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Krystal

When the demure woman emerged from the storage facility it was all that Devon could do to prevent his jaw from dropping. She was so much like his beloved Tatyana, that he was completely taken off guard and for a moment was at a complete loss for words when she introduced herself.

She shook his hand and smiled politely as she awaited Mr. Gale to introduce himself. She knew who he was of course, but finding the man rather intimidating she just wanted to break the ice as cleanly and quickly as possible. Unfortunately, he seemed a tad confused and the situation was becoming awkward. "Did he speak English?" she began to wonder, then he spoke.

"I'm sorry," Devon apologized, embarrassed for his sudden stupor, "I'm Devon Doctor... I mean Doctor Devon Gale."

Her smile was radiant and Devon could easily just look at it all day, it reminded him so of his late wife.

"I know." She said, "Are you going to answer that?"

"Yes, sorry." Devon apologized again as he procured the device, "I have to take this."

"It's okay." she told him, "I'll be in lab five."

Devon turned around and walked out into a vacant corridor overlooking the lake. "What is it Sigma?" he answered.

"Doc, I'm on her tail." Sigma replied, his breathing erratic as if he were jogging.

"What?"

"Your doppleganger, girl. She's headed toward the Green Street Base and guess what? Morgan's up and apparently she's headed straight for her." informed Sigma.

For a while there was silence. The wheels in Wraith's head were turning as he rapidly formulated a hypothesis of what would happen when Morgan and her 'conjured-self', met. Then it struck him like lightening.

"Sigma! They can't meet, at least not right now!" Said Wraith.

"Why Doc? What'll happen?"

"I don't know. Maybe nothing or a number of things. The shock of their coming together might kill Morgan. Look just keep them a part until I can get there." Advised Devon

"What the hell are we supposed to do with them Doc? I'm afraid I'm all out of tickets to Disney Land."

"Just use your imagination, Sigma. I gotta go."

"F&$%!" Growled Sigma as Wraith hung up.

Immediately he called Seizure and relayed to her what Wraith had told him. "We gotta keep them apart until the Doc can get here and that might be hours. You take care of Morgan on your end. I'm gonna to deal with the other on mine."

Sigma hated this. It was broad daylight and he was out of costume. Thankfully he was taking the overland route and running across the tops of buildings as he followed the disguised girl. Looking around he made sure there were no people around before reaching into his pocket for a black bandana which he wrapped around his face. He then leapt off of the warehouse he's running over and descended the twenty or so feet, landing lightly on the ground right in front of Sasha.

Sigma held up his hand and in a very firm voice told the girl, "Go back! I can't let you go any further!"

The masked man knew that his presence probably wasn't going to be received well, but what else could he do? Even if he did want to try and explain things he had no idea where to even start so he just figured he'd drive her back... if he could.

Sigma had no idea what this meta's capabilities were. If she was a psychic, he'd be able to nullify any telepathic attacks and physically he was no slouch. He didn't have his whip with him so all he had were his bare hands and his wits so hopefully those would do.

Last edited by Tiphereth on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:52 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 _hunte10Sasha, startled, stopped dead in her tracks when Sigma landed in front of her. Her head was still pounding and her stomach was rolling, but she immediately took a defensive stance. When he held up his hand and told her that he couldn't let her go any further, she took a step back. What in the hell was he talking about? She didn't even know where she was going, just that something was pulling at her...something strong. Once again taking a defensive crouch, she cocked her head to one side, as if she were sizing him up.

"I don't know who you are or where you came from, but you will not stop me. No one will stop me from going wherever it is I need to go. So, move the hell out of my way.....I don't want to cause you harm, but I will."

Sasha waited for the masked man to move, but he didn't. He just told her that she needed to turn around....not go any further. It was clear from the change in his body stance that he would try to stop her.

Her eyes turning black, Sasha concentrated....calling to a yellow jacket's nest she'd felt nearby earlier. Again, she told him that she didn't want to cause him any harm and again, the masked man told her he couldn't let her go any further. When he advanced on her, she called to her winged friends and as her eyes became darker a small cloud of yellow jackets descended down towards the man in front of her.

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Morgan10
Morgan was close, she could feel it. Even in her weakened state she knew that whatever was pulling at her was close. Mikala hadn't left her side since she'd left the base and for that she was grateful..but she didnt' want anyone getting hurt again because of her, but she was too weak and focused to even begin to try to turn her back. She was so close to fixing whatever was wrong with her.....so close. All she had to do was keep going, push through her weakness. She knew that it was all about to end....somehow, she knew that she would be whole once more. Maybe....just maybe, she would find the strength then to leave.

A tear slipped down her cheek at thinking about Tim. She knew that in the few short months she'd known him she'd fallen for him and she knew that he just wasn't ready for anything from her. She also knew that because of that, she had to leave....maybe go back to the reservation.

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 The_li10

Mikala looked over at Morgan and saw the tear trickle down her cheek. She could feel the emotions coming from the girl and did her best to block them. Mikala then heard Seizure yelling at her and Morgan and turned, seeing the girl running towards her. She was yelling to stop Morgan, something about Sigma calling and they had to stop her until Wraith got there. How was she supposed to do that?

"Morgan, let's stop for a second and rest. You look pale and should rest for a little bit, then we can continue on."

Morgan stopped, looking at Mikala and nodded her head, sitting down right where she had been standing. Breathing a sigh of relief, Mikala sat down next to her, racking her brain on what to do next. How to keep Morgan from moving foward.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:44 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Amazon10

When Wraith and Sigma left the safe house, Amazon finally stopped playing the part of the strong woman and practically sank to the floor from exhaustion and pain. She’d taken quite the beating during all of that craziness and after her brief rest felt every injury she’d received.

There was no doubt she had a couple of cracked ribs, several lacerations and more bruises than she could count on her fingers and toes. They would all heal, in time. In the meantime, she’d just have to be very careful. And she’d have to lay low for the next few days. At least until the worst of the injuries healed.

Making her way slowly to the kitchen, she took out a prepaid cell phone from a drawer, powered it up and dialed a number.

”Hi. It’s me.”

I know….

Look…can we talk about this later? I just need you to come pick me up.

Yes, I promise I’m fine. I just don’t want to be seen.

Yeah.

The south side one.

Better use the hummer.

Yeah….just call me when you reach the street and I’ll meet you there.

Thanks.”

Forcing herself to move, Amazon then walked over to the bathroom and proceeded to wash the tribal design off her face. Walking over to a wardrobe, she pulled out a pair of faded, well worn jeans, an old sweat shirt, sneakers and a duffle bag. Peeling the leopard print suit off her body, she took the time to inspect her bruising body. Sighing dejectedly and wincing a few times, she changed into the comfortable clothes, stuffed the leopard leotard into the duffle bag, and waited for the call to come. Amazon had been put away and now, Jennifer Milan was back in place. It wasn’t long before the phone rang and she flipped it open and heard the voice on the other end.

”On my way.”

Turning the phone off, she put it back in the drawer then left the small safe haven. A few seconds later she was walking out of the abandoned building and getting into a black hummer being driven by her best friend, Jorge. The father like figure gave her a disapproving look and she held her hand up to stop him from saying anything.

”We’ll talk about it after I’ve had a long nap and a long hot shower.”

Jorge furrowed his brow but said nothing. He was worried sic about her when he hadn’t heard from her last night at the usual time. He knew she was going to do some detective work on her own and that was never a good thing. And now, seeing her this way, he knew she found more than she bargained for.

Jen leaned her head back against the head rest and closed her eyes. Every time the hummer jolted, Jen winced. She couldn’t wait to make it to the flat on the upper east side. By the time Jorge pulled into the parking garage and got out to help her, Jen was positively miserable. Every muscle protested and a few bones as well. Even her hair seemed to ache. By the time she reached the penthouse, she told Jorge to leave the heavy drapes that lined the one wall of sliding glass doors drawn because she was going to take that long, hot shower. Stripping out of her clothes, Jen left them laying in a heap along with the duffle bag in the middle of the bedroom floor.

For almost an hour, Jen let the soothing waters of the rain forest like shower cascade down over her aching body. Steam quickly filled the large bathroom and the lone occupant let the heat of the water soothe her muscles and relax her even more. By the time she had herself cleaned up, dried off and ready for bed, her eyelids were so droopy she could hardly see.

Shrugging into a pair of soft sleep pants and an even softer t-shirt, Jens hair was still damp when she finally crawled into the large, king bed and curled up under the blankets. As she drifted off into a dreamless, exhausted sleep, the last thing she thought was how she could still smell Wraith’s scent on the pillow even though the sheets had been changed.

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Amazon5
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:41 pm

Sigma stood his ground against Sasha.

Noticing the swarm of yellow jackets, Sigma looked back at the girl and connected the change of her eye colour to the summoning of the insects. "Well that's just nasty." he commented on the gathering bugs, "But I'm still not lettin' ya get past me."

Sigma was a solid man, endowed with enhanced strength and had a incredibly high pain tolerance. Sasha didn't yet realize it, but she'd need more than a swarm of yellow jackets to drive her mysterious opponent off. Stinging bugs were like mosquitos to the regenerative meta-human but in the past even he eventually found the buggers intolerable, but she was going to need a hell of a lot more to send him packing.

The swarm mercilessly descended on Sigma, biting and stinging his exposed flesh, but he just stood their like a thick skinned rhino occasionally killing any of the little buggers that went for his eyes or ears. While he could tolerate even those sensitive areas getting stung, he simply preferred not to deal with the pain if he didn't have to. The toxins had no effect him, so he had no swelling, the wasps just left tiny little red bite marks behind that would quickly heal in an hour or so.

"I hope you can do better than this," Sigma told her, "cause you're leaving me little choice here." He then raised his fist and shook slowly in front his face. "The way I see it, I can start killing off these little buggers or I can just knock out the queen bee. You got 'til the count 'a three, babe, then I start swinging."

Sigma tightened his fist. "One."

He grimaced as the yellow jackets continued to attack his face. "Two"

His knees bent slightly and his body tensed. "Three."

Sigma lead with his left. A ferocious jab rocketing toward her chin, but like any boxer he didn't expect it to hit and was concentrating on his counter moves and throwing the big right. He had no idea what to expect so he went all out. If he had believed for a second that this girl was even a real person he might have eased up but from what Wraith had described she was like some mental projection made flesh. A psychic leech preying on Morgan and dammit if Sigma hated parasites.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:19 am

Damien Vallens was on the top floor, alone in a room with four different exits. He never stayed in a place with only one way out if he could help it, that was sticking one foot in the grave as far he was concerned.

Sitting at a highly polished black table the immaculately dressed assassin, checked his weapons. His two custom made pistols that were modeled after the german Luger P08 were extremely light way, and his extended clips each held thirty bullets of a small caliber but the velocity of the guns far surpassed normal firearms. They were actually 'rail-guns'. Scaled down representations of the military's anti-artillery versions that propelled the bullets with electro-magnetic force, giving them superior range and power.

One could not, however, rely on ranged weapons alone. On a red velvet cloth he had placed several knives, ranging from the throwing variety to those that were specialized for close quarter fighting. After he holstered his pistols he inspected each one of the blades and tucked them into their sheaths hidden on various parts of his body.

He was ready.

Vallens knew someone was coming for him. He didn't know who, it didn't matter, whoever they were they'd end up like all the rest. Dead.

What no one ever realized about Vallens was that the secret of his success did in fact rely upon a particular talent. One that defined him as what was commonly referred to as a 'meta', but he simply preferred to think of himself as highly evolved. What he could do was 'see' vibrations. So sensitive was his skin that it he could perceive any form of vibration and accurately define and pinpoint its location. He could even feel the sound waves from the explosion of a gun shot at three hundred yards. No one ever got close to Vallens without him knowing it unless it just so happened that they could transform themselves in something that the assassin would never suspect, say a raven, perhaps?

Scavenger looked over the edge of the roof top then across to the other building. The one they were on was a full story taller, but it looked a lot further away than from the street. "You sure you can make this?" Asked Scav who had his doubts that Grey would be able to make the forty or so foot leap to the other building where Vallens awaited them.

"So let me get this straight." Requested Scav while Grey prepared for his long jump, "We're gonna try and get into the air ducts once you jump over there, right? What if they like have those hidden laser alarm things around? How we gonna get past those? I mean, I've done my share of B & E's but like I never had to deal with super high tech shit, man."

Of course, Scav had no idea what kind of security they had, if any. For all he knew they could be as high tech as a piece string tied to a few stacked cans. As usual he was whining and being paranoid and unintentionally doing a good job at getting under Grey's skin.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:17 am

Grey was mostly ignoring him, backing up to the other side of the room. Finally, he took a deep breath and poised himself.

"Why don't you let me worry about security and you just worry about not gettin' me killed, alright?" he muttered. Then, before Scav could reply, took off at a run. Grey ran straight across the roof, heading straight for the ledge. At the last second, he lept forward, flying across the gaps between the buildings before he landed hard not far from the other building's ledge. He then rolled forward a few times before he dug his hand into the concrete roof and slid to a stop, still crouched with his back rounded out. He then stood up and brushed his hand off on the back of his pants. Checking to see if his gun was still there, he waited for Scavenger to land beside him and change back. Grey then led him to a door and with a glance disabled the lock. He then pulled it silently open and peered inside. Seeing no one, he turned to look at Scav over his shoulder, motioning for him to stay quiet.

Sneaking into the door, Grey let it close silently before he moved out, leaning against the wall and starting down the stairs that led to the roof. Keeping Scavenger's layout of the guards in mind, Grey crept down to the fourth floor and paused at the front door. Ducking down, he motioned for Scav to get out of sight and listened carefully by the door with one hand pressed against the floor. He could hear the four guards pacing quietly along the floor and quickly gauging their locations. They mostly lined what seemed to be the main hallway of the fourth floor. They'd be easily taken out. Motioning for Scav to wait, Grey took a deep breath and pulled out his gun. Getting slowly to his feet, Grey flipped off the safety and abruptly pulled the door open.

Immediately, Grey raised his weapon and blew a hole through the closest guard's head. The shots rang painfully out, echoing through the hallway. The three remaining guards immediately turned their sights on the meta assassin was already zig-zagging towards them and in three shots, the men were on the ground, pools of blood forming behind their heads. Keeping his gun out, he peeked his head in and motioned quickly for Scav to follow him. Moving out into the hallway, he pointed to the ceiling and whispered "gimme a lift."

Scavenger struggled not to grunt as Grey stepped on his clasped hands and pulled himself up to the suspended ceiling. Thankfully, Grey worked quickly and managed to pull himself up into it. Replacing the tile after Scavenger, they moved carefully along it until Grey found an entry into the ducts and wriggled easily into it. There, Grey's catlike stealth became clear as he moved with fair speed along the metal duct without making a sound. In fact, several times he turned around and scowled menacingly at Scavenger who hadn't even realized he'd made any sound. Periodically, Grey paused to peek into some vents, checking their location until he managed to find the rest of the guards. After some slightly unnatural maneuvering, Grey managed to turn around and position himself over the vent but facing Scav. Slowly, Grey raised one finger to his lips, indicating for him to keep quiet, then held his hand palm out indicating for him to wait.

He then lifted one foot over the vent and stomped down as hard as he could. In an instant, Grey slid forward, dropping down into the hallway and firing as soon as he landed. The guards were faster than the other four, however, and Grey only managed to hit one in the shoulder before he had to roll to the side and duck behind a corner. Unfortunately, only this small, seemingly pointless little area in the wall could serve as a hiding place and the guards were closing in on him fast. Taking another deep breath, Grey darted back around the corner and rushed down the hall, zigging, zagging, and firing as he went with several well-aimed shots. He managed to hit two in the head, two in the chest, and one in the leg which he'd hoped was the femoral artery. The other darted into one of the rooms, vanishing from Grey's sight.

Pausing, Grey flattened himself against the wall and listened, waiting, his sharply tuned ears pricked. Suddenly something hot whizzed against his leg, the searing pain knocking him to one knee. He whirled around, gun aimed to see the man he had shot in the leg holding a quivering gun out to him. Without thinking, Grey put a bullet in the man's throat and watched him finally drop to the floor, unmoving. The meta then got to his feet, eyes darting around for the last one who emerged with this moment of weakness and fired at Grey's head. Ducking quickly, Grey peeked up at the massive, smoking hole in the wall where his head had been and rolled away, raising his gun and firing into the door where the man had been hiding. The bullets punctured the thick wood but he heard no tell-tale thump of a dropping body.

His thigh stung and burned, but he could tell without looking that it was only a graze. Moving slowly towards the door, the assassin crept along the wall, eyes strained to see into the room. His vision was suddenly blocked however by the barrel of a shotgun pointed straight between his eyes. Reacting on pure instinct, Grey raised his gun and fired twice while quickly dodging to the side. The shotgun rang through his ears and pounded in his head, drowning out the sound of his own hand gun. His eyes squeezed involuntarily shut as he raised both his gun and his free hand to his ears, grimacing in pain. The ground shook along with Grey's entire world and for a moment all he could do was scramble behind the first object he saw.

There, he paused, rubbing his ears which were now ringing loudly. He then opened his eyes and slowly crept out from behind whatever it was he had jumped behind which turned out to be a desk. Across the small room, he the last guard lying dead just behind the threshold, at least two gunshot wounds in the chest and gut bleeding all over the fancy carpeting that covered the floor of the empty office. Perched behind the desk, Grey dropped the mostly empty clip from his gun and slipped it into his pocket. He then pulled out the full one, jammed it into his gun, and moved cautiously and silently out from behind the desk and over the body. Peeking out into the hall, he looked up and down several times before he finally moved back over to the vent and motioned for Scav to come out with his gun hand while rubbing his ringing ears with his free one.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:03 am

Damien Vallens smiled when he heard the gun shots ring out, but he continued to shuffle his deck of large cards and lay them out in the pattern of cross. They were tarot cards and it was his superstition in the method of divining that had given the assassin his nickname. Vallens or Tarot, as he was also known, was most interested in the card that 'crossed him' and it was this one that he took and placed in his breast pocket; it was the card that he would place on this assassin's corpse when he was done with him.

Tarot had the upmost confidence in his success. He could detect a heart beat at a fifty paces, and the hitman would know as soon as anyone came near him. Strict orders had been given to his guards not to enter his floor, else they would be killed, since Vallens planned to use his powerful guns to simply shoot through the walls as soon as he pin-pointed his opponent. It would be quick, then not only would have the mob money but his most generous payment as well.

"F&$%!" Exclaimed Scavenger looking about with rounded eyes, growing even wider when he spied Grey's leg wound, "Shit, shit, shit, man! You've been shot!"

Scavenger raised his hands to his head, trying to figure out what to do about Grey's injury, but when he saw that the man was moving with little hinderance calmed down.

"So where the hell is this guy?" Asked Scav followed by, "Do you think the other guards heard your shots?"
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:18 am

After Tim HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Tdm23c10 had showered and dressed in a clean pair of jeans, socks and a Dallas Cowboys Football Jersey with the number 12 on the front, he pulled on his boots checking to be sure his killing knife was neatly tucked inside. Putting on the twin holstered shoulrder holster, and his leather jacket on. Tim walked over to his back back, reached inside and removed eight loaded 14 round magazines for his two Smith & Wesson M&P 40 caliber semi automatic pistons and slipped them into the pockets of his jacket. Standing and walking to the night stand. Tim picked up the two semi-automatics, checked that they were loaded and a round in each chamber, he slipped them into the holsters, grabbed the loaded sawed off 12 guage pump shot gun with a sling bandelaro full of 24 - 12 gauge shells, slung it over his shoulder and walked out the door. "Right behind ya thar Anya .......... I got yur six." Tim said calmly as he pulled the pistols from their holsters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:26 am

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 _hunte10Sasha had no time to react as Sigma's fist connected with her jaw. Her head snapped back as pain exploded and she found herself falling backwards. She looked up at the masked man, her eyes filled with anger. She noticed that the look on Sigma's face was one of shock as he looked to his fist then to her. She didn't know what his problem was with what had just happened, but she was going to take advantage of it.

Rising to her feet, she wiped away the little bit of blood that was seeping from the corner of her mouth.

"Now, that wasn't very nice, mister. Not nice at all."

Her eyes turned blacker than ever as she called on other 6 and 8 legged creatures....spiders and ants mainly, having them swarm at him. None of the spiders were poisonous, but like the ants, their bites would sting and be somewhat painful. She had to get around this loon somehow. What she needed was just around the corner, she could feel it but he was becoming immpossible to move and every time she attempted to go around, regardless of the insects, he blocked her.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Sigma's high pain tolerance was being put to the test, not to mention his quick fists. The girl had skills and the way she had taken a solid jab to the chin had earned some respect but hardly discouraged him. The reinforcements to the insect army, however, were becoming annoying and distracting, making him slip up. Twice he missed a block, allowing a punch to catch him in the jaw and a kick to strike him in the abdomen. It was the latter that stung, as he wasn't yet fully healed from his gun shot wounds and the pain ripped through his body as he recoiled.

He was hardly in a fit state to be scrapping with anyone, let alone another meta but he had to keep her from getting through and close to Morgan. There was no telling what could happen and it was best to just keep her at bay, but that was starting to prove difficult.

"So what the hell are you anyway?" Growled Sigma after he spat a spider out his mouth, "You can call all the f*$%&g bugs you want, I'm still not goin' to let near, Morgan."

Sigma began to realize just how empty his promise was as his eyes began to blur. He had sustained more insect bites than he ever had before, and even his regenerative constitution was beginning to suffer the effects. The ground began to shift under his feet, the effects of the toxins no doubt, and soon he felt one of his knees strike the ground. Struggling to rise, he failed to defend himself from another kick to his chest, causing one of his yet unhealed gunshot wounds to flare up and paralyze him with pain.

Sigma fell back, toppling to the ground, no longer able to maintain his balance. Squeezing his eyes shut, he could only turn his face into the ground to protect it from the relentless insects as the girl made her way past him.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:50 am

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Timtld11

Tim aimed his two pistols at the dark eyed woman and said "I reckon ya best call yur critters off thar ma,am. Lessen ya what ta go a meet the spider goddess right quick like. Then I reckon ya best be backin off and start explaining yur self." Tim's eyes were as cold as two icebergs as he stared at the woman. "Anya see what ya kin do fur Sig thar. I got tha spidur woman covered."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 _hunte10Sasha called off the spiders and ants when Tim pointed the pistols at her. She could feel whatever it was pulling at her and it was right around the corner. Then, she looked back at Tim again and recognition showed in her black eyes.

"YOU!! WHO ARE YOU?!! HOW DO I KNOW YOU?! I'VE NEVER MET YOU YET I KNOW YOU!! WHO IS THE LAVENDER EYED BITCH?!! WHY DO I HAVE HER MEMORIES?!"

Sasha wanted answers and then it dawned on her that maybe, just maybe, they were intentionally keeping the girl from her. Whatever was happening between them...maybe it would kill the girl and they didn't want that. Well, she was tired of living with memories constantly popping into her head and driving her to her knees. If getting together killed the girl, then who was she to stop it. She didn't know her and she had a feeling that if this lavender eyed girl was gone then the painful memories would stop.

"Let me pass, mister. What I need is just around that corner and if you don't let me pass then I will bring a swarm of insects down on you that you have never seen the likes of before. Now...get out of my way!"

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Morgan10

Morgan heard Tim's voice then heard the woman's voice threatening him. Standing, she began to walk again, towards the corner. Mikaela grabbed her, only to be shoved away. She grabbed her again, this time Morgan turned on her, her eyes turning their dark lavender.

"Don't try to stop me, Mikaela. I am going...I have to."

Mikaela nodded her head and followed closely behind. Morgan rounded the corner and stopped. She saw Tim's back and then she saw the woman.....or she saw Cassie..an older version of Cassie.

"Cassie?....Cassie!! You're dead!! You died in my arms!! How can you be here? Tim, you can't shoot her. She looks like Cassie would look like had she lived."

As she began to walk towards the woman, she could feel something pulling the strength from her and she stumbled. Sasha smiled...finally, this was going to end....the lavender eyed girl was here and she was feeling stronger already. She saw Morgan stumble and knew that the burst of energy was coming from her. She mentally shrugged her shoulders at the thought that Morgan could die in order for her to live. So be it.

"I don't know who this Cassie is, but you....you have been tormenting me for the past few days and I'm tired of it. Let's see what happens when we get to know each other."

When Tim took a step to block Morgan, Morgan stopped, her gaze trained on Sasha. Sasha glared at Tim then an idea popped into her head....she knew what Morgan felt for this man and she could use it to her advantage.

"Come on, Morgan. Your weak...I keep getting slammed with your memories which brings pain. I already feel better with you being close. What have you got to lose, Morgan. This man doesn't feel for you what you feel for him...I know this because I have your memories and know what you feel."

She then turned her attention to Tim, grinning at him.

"You gonna shoot me in front of the girl who thinks the sun rises and sets on you? You don't even want her...do you. She's too soft hearted for the likes of you....too kind. She would sacrifice herself for you and from what I remember, that's exactly what she tried to do. She has strong feelings for you and what have you done for her?! I know what you didn't do for her. You weren't there for her...were you?"

As Sasha kept going on Tim, Morgan walked around Tim, giving him a wide berth, making it hard for him to grab her and keep his pistols trained on Sasha at the same time. Her lavender eyes were dark as she focused on Sasha, feeling her strength being drained from her.

"Stop it!! STOP IT!! TIM HAD MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO THAN BE THERE FOR ME!! YOU LEAVE HIM BE!! YOU'RE RIGHT, THOUGH. I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!!"

Morgan turned to look at Tim, her lavender eyes boring into his chilled gaze. She put everything she felt for him in that one look.

"No matter what happens, Tim, I'm sorry I was such a burden to you. She's right. I have nothing to lose whether I survive or not. If I do survive whatever this is, I won't be a bother to you anymore. If I don't suvive, well, then I guess I definately won't be a bother to you, huh?"

Turning back to Sasha, Morgan nodded her head to the black eyed woman.

"Let's end this...one way or another."

As Morgan began the walk towards Sasha, Mikaela screamed for them to stop her.

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 The_li10
"THEY'RE TWO HALVES OF THE SAME WHOLE!! ONLY ONE CAN SURVIVE IF THEY COME TOGETHER!! STOP HER!! STOP MORGAN!! SASHA ISN'T REAL!! SHE HAS NO AURA!!"

Mikaela didn't know how she knew this, but she could feel it just like she could feel that Sasha wasn't truly real. But, it wouldn't be Sasha that didn't survive. Morgan wasn't strong enough yet to win this fight, but she was willing to go ahead with it to be done with it. She wished Wraith were here, but she understood his need for somewhat of a normal life. She had one until these people came into town, now, she didn't know anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Tim holsterd his weapons and looked at Morgan. "Well ifin' aftar all this time that is what ya believe. Then that is how it is." Tim then turned and returned to the safe house, gathered his back pack and walked out onto the streets of Chicago. Stopping at a phone booth, he looked up an address for a Harley Davidson dealership. Then caught a ride on the "El" getting off on the street that the dealership was located on. He walked in a bought a black Harley Davidson Sportster, with leather saddlebags and a black half helmet. Left the dealership and headed southwest down I-55 towards St. Louis.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:23 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 The_li10Mikaela stood there and watched as Tim took off. Was he an idiot? Did he not understand what Morgan was going through? Or how he had helped put the girl there? Shaking her head, she muttered something about men then grabbed Morgan with one hand while she pulled out her cell with the other and called Allie.

"Allie, Tim just left!! Yes, I know, but he's being an idiot!! He's not thinking about her or what she's thinking!! No, I need you to get here and get Morgan back to base while I locate Tim and set him straight! Yea, bring the charger!!"

Now there was nothing standing between Sasha and Morgan except Mikaela and she wasn't real sure what she could do. Before she knew what was happening, Sasha became alert, turning her head as if she were listening to something.

"This is you're lucky day, Morgan. Friends of mine are in trouble and they come before you do."

Turning, Sasha ran back towards the general store, one of the yellow jackets having alerted to the store being ransacked.

Allie showed up in the charger which between her and Mikaela they got everyone, including Sigma and Ayana piled in and back to base where Snap came out to help Ayana with Sigma. Allie, Morgan, and Mikaela stayed in the charger and headed out to find Tim. Allie dialed a number on her phone, hoping that it was Tim's number while Mikaela used her abilities to try and locate him.

"Hey, Tim...what the hell are you doing, leaving Morgan alone like that?!! Did you want her dead?! Look, I don't know what happened, but dammit...."

Mikaela grabbed the phone from Allie and talked to him.

"Tim, I heard what Morgan said and I also heard what that bitch said to her as well. Or did you not hear that part? Dammit, Tim!! I warned you from the beginning what would happen. If you didn't want her then to let her go. But she needs to know that."

Mikaela was pissed and that didn't happen very often with the small woman. She could feel Morgan's pain as if it were her own and she knew that Tim leaving the way he did hurt the girl more than he would ever know. But, what had he truly done to show Morgan any different.

"Give me the phone, Mikey."

Mikey looked at Morgan, then handed her the phone.

"Tim, it's Morgan. I'm sorry that you getting hit like this from these two. All I have to ask you is what do you expect me to believe where you are concerned? Because I sure as hell don't know. I'm leaving and heading back to the reservation, if you decide that we have something, then that's where I'll be. No more pressure...no more burden....and one less person for you to watch out for. You have Aunt Jackie's number, just call it."

Her voice sounded tired and she handed the phone back to Mikaela. Allie was stunned speechless at what Morgan had told Tim. The girl had stood up for herself and was taking control of her life. It was about time, but what about this doppleganger wench? What would happen with that? Morgan had dark circles under her eyes and looked tired. Maybe getting away from the bug lady would be the right thing to do.

"I guess we're taking her to the reservation, Tim. Please, just remember that she feels for you....deeply, but she truly doesn't know where you stand with her, can you blame her? I can feel the confusion within her as I can feel it within you. Ask youself, though. Do you really want this? Was the bug lady right when she said that Morgan was too soft-hearted for you? Maybe that's what you need...a soft heart to go with your hard one."

With that, Mikey hung up and looked back over her shoulder at Morgan who was sitting in the back seat, curled up into a ball, her heart breaking. Mikey felt as if she couldn't breathe from the weight of Morgan's heartache. She dialed the base and told Snap what was going on and that she would keep in touch and for her to call Wraith and let him know. She then hung up and asked Morgan where they were going.

"The Rosebud Reservation in North Dakota."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Sigma groaned. As the toxins of the thousand or so insects coursed through his blood stream the world wildly spun about him. Out the corner of his eye he could see the back of the black eyed girl staring down Cowboy, all he had to do stand up and waylay her, but that was far easier thought than done.

In but a few more minutes the effect of the poisons would fade, but Sigma needed to act now! Forcing himself to rise, his body shuddering from the stress he rose only to fall backward as he blacked out.

Sigma fell into a pair of powerful arms flexing beneath a tight blue costume. Wraith easily scooped up the large man, cradling him in his arms like a child. Looking at the thing conjured from the mental energy of Morgan's and Frank Shepard's mental battle he called out to her.

"That's far enough!" Wraith commanded.

The stolid super-hero stood in the morning sun, a rare sight since the passing of the Riggs Act. No costumed vigilante dared appear in the bright of the day for all to see, but Wraith had little choice. The others had to know what they were dealing with and he had to protect his identity, he only hoped that he would have enough time before someone spotted him and contacted R.A.I.D. They wouldn't be far away considering the destruction around them that he and Apex Fusion had caused so he would have to work fast.

"Morgan! She is not your cousin!" Shouted Wraith, "She is the product of your mental battle with your father. She is the product of hate and anger. Look into her eyes, Morgan. Look hard and you will see the truth!"

Wraith knew he was in there. Lurking just below the surface of physical semblance adopted by the entity lurked Frank Shepard. If Morgan looked hard enough she would see it and know that she had to stay away from the creature.

It was already too late to kill what he had been loosely referring to as a 'doppleganger'. Just being within visual range of each other a bond had been formed.

"Tim!" Called Wraith, "Don't shoot her! If you harm this aberration it may also hurt Morgan. We have to get them into the base and quickly before any civilians see us."

His words were wasted as the gun fighter had already left and was making his way back to the safe-house.

Wraith stood his ground. Winds swirled around him, easily deflecting the efforts of any insects flying or crawling that drew too close to him. He knew the display of his powers would prove to the girl that no matter how many insects she called the 'wind-mutant' would just blow them away or contain them in a vortex of air.

"All that you know. All that you are is from, Morgan and her father." Explained Wraith to the girl. "I am sorry to have tell you this, but you are nothing but a collection of thoughts somehow made flesh. You have been brought into reality by a psychic struggle if you can understand that."

Wraith slowly approached the girl, his hands held out in a peaceful manner. "Just back away from Morgan. Come with us and we will try and work this out. I'm a doctor, and if you give some time I may be able to find a way to separate the two of you."

The scientist in Wraith was actually curious to see what would actually happen if this entity and Morgan combined. He had a theory that since she was originally from Morgan's own psyche that she would just become absorbed into some sort of internal struggle, but then he had never seen anything like this before. Anything could happen, including the reincarnation of Frank Shepard and the destruction of Morgan. Their main priority was to protect Morgan and to do that they had to first and foremost keep them apart. He didn't know whether or not he would be able to appeal to the creature, but he had to try. If they could resolve this peacefully it would be easier to protect Morgan and draw little attention to themselves in the process.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:02 pm

HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 _hunte10When Wraith had stopped Sasha, that was when Allie had shown up and they had climbed into the charger, leaving Wraith to deal with the black eyed woman. Sasha stared at the meta, feeling the wind blowing around him, keeping any insects she called at bay. She decided to stop, for now.

"So, you're trying to tell me that I am a figment of that little girl's mind....as well as her father's? Are you crazy?"

Sasha laughed at him, unwilling to believe what he was telling her.

"I am hate and anger?! You're good, I'll give you that, besides, your little girl has left the building. But, I bet I know where she's heading and I'll bet that you don't. Hmmmm....you didn't want Tim to shoot me. You said that by shooting me it might hurt Morgan. Isn't that interesting. So, if I hurt myself or get hurt, then Morgan will feel it?"

Sasha smiled....and that smile said it all. She had just found an out and she would use it to her fullest advantage. Already she felt the drain of Morgan leaving the area on herself and knew that she had to follow. Henry and Emma would just have to fend for themselves where the gang was concerned. It was time for her to move on.

"From the looks of things, Morgan doesn't have the gun-man for protection anymore. Poor thing. Looks like she run him off with her soft heart and good nature. Maybe he needs someone more like me....someone hard and cold like he is. She's too warm and fuzzy."

Sasha laughed at this before she began to back up, planning on heading back to the small store to take the elderly couple's car. They weren't going to be needing it.

"I am not a product of some wimpy bitch's imagination. I am real and I now know that in order to stay alive I need her. Like I said, I know where she's going....do you? Too bad she screwed it up with Tim. Now she has very little protection."

With that, Sasha turned and as she ran in the direction of the little store, she called on every flying insect she could and had them swarm Wraith to try and keep him busy while she escaped. She knew about the reservation and she knew where it was and she knew she had to get there.

Wraith had said that she was a product of a battle between Morgan and her father, that she was the product of hate and anger. When he'd said that, something seemed to wake inside of her....like someone else was living inside of her and she could hear his voice and it was a he.

~Go after her, Sasha. Track her down...kill her before she gets you killed. She is the demon, not you. I'll help you find her.....I know where it is she goes.~

The last thing Wraith would see would be Frank's eyes in Sasha's face as she disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 6   HEROES Chapter 6 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEROES Chapter 6
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next