Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Heroes The Breakaway - OOC

Go down 
+5
SinTara
Tiphereth
Seraphim
Lac'Nal
RPMistress
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
subbear

subbear

Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:59 am

Me too, I would like to see Mikhail in the story.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm sorry, I know I'm holding things up... I'm just a little crazy with work right now... I promise when I get to posting this thread's gonna be the first one!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:05 pm

No worries Kasai
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Does the character have to be one known from the past or can I make up a super hero like HULK?

Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:48 pm

As far as I know you can submit any kind of character you want. Subbear will be the judge as he's the head-cheese here... (hehe, headcheese). I know in this story though, the theme would be more along the lines of 'anti-comic book story style super-heroes'.

In these stories, like New Dawn, I personally recommend not to have an all-powerful type of character. Someone like the Hulk might unbalance the story a little too much. The basic Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde character is in my opinion kind of disruptive and because this is collaborative writing, the Hulk style character might not fit because he's basically a lone-wolf.

In the comic books when anyone teams up with Bruce Banner we have a climax occur every time the big green guy show's up. He's also so strong that the bad guys have to kind of be stacked to balance him out, if you know what I mean. The Hulk is kind of a one man wrecking crew.

It's ultimately up to Subbear though but I can see a Hulk style character turning into a show stealer in a group. There's ways around that though, just have to be extra creative... but, sometimes the added brain-work to accommodate such a character can be taxing.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:22 am

nah...I was using that as an example...there's plenty of comic book heros n villians. Thanks anyway
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Give it some thought Easy, the heroes in this thread are balanced- they all have a small chink in the armor. Be sure to look over the existing character descriptions and the villain write-ups in the black dossier. I'd love to have more players here!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:44 pm

TOTALLY! I am looking forward to see what you design. It's pretty difficult to come up with a unique idea, its all in how you portray them. So far we got a big bruising mechanic, a shady Russian, an amped up Irishman and a super agile alien that might rejoin the group.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Sub bear,

Alright Ill give it some thought. Review the characters and see if I can come up with something unique. Something to buid on. Anybody on facebook...can look at the Paul McCartney concert pics I put up..I have afew in there from last night at AT & T Park SF.

Easy

Hey subbear...how far away are you from ESTES park?

Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 am

I love Estes Park! I'm about an hour and a half away, I just spent a few great days there with my family a few weeks back.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:12 am

Must be a pretty place.

Im writing a story in another forum and the co-writer is using Estes Park. She breaks mustangs to interact with physically disadvantaged children and I'm a rock star singing songs across the country. We meet accidently in Boulder, Colorado at the Univerisity of Colorado. All my concert proceeds go to charity. we meet all over the country... as well her buying horses at auctions and me on tour...the idea is to use verses from modern songs to illustrate and tell the love story within the storyline. So theres really two stories being told here.

Easy

By the way, Im working on my hero to add to your storyline, I read the rules wit and cunning...mmmmm? ok...i found an angle and will finish the character in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:36 am

Ned Levy looks pretty cool. I have one suggestion though (and this is just my opinion) perhaps with his 'size increase' ability, he might need a little extra 'fuel' to expand himself, if you get my meaning. In order to build himself up he might have to absorb some other agent through his skin or something. It's a powerful ability and one that no doubt that would take a lot out of guy. Obviously were he to make himself grow to say 12 foot 8 or something his body would be able to generate the power necessary, but were he to grow to the size of building (scientifically speaking) he might need a some extra 'building blocks'.

Just a suggestion.

Cool character. We'll see what da Bear has to say, eh.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:02 pm

So what kind of reputation does Ned have? I mean, Joy Buzzer is pretty much unknown in America and any sort of reputation he has isn't that of a crime fighter. Romanov is off the radar and John seem to be pretty low profile as well. Ned, however, has been in public eye as a performer, and it seems as though he might battle crime out in the open.

Just curious. Would like to know if Jasper (or any of the other characters) might have seen 'Stretch' as he would be known to the public on a news report or not. Seems to me if he's ever used his 'giant-like' size to thwart crime he would have been caught on a camera or two, which would make him kind of famous or infamous.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:09 pm

It might be cool to have someone who is well known, somebody high profile in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:17 pm

I agree. Ned could add a 'super-hero' element into the story. The rest of the characters are far more concerned with maintaining a low profile and hiding from R.A.I.D. and their pasts. That's why I was wondering just how well known, Stretch, really is. If he's a reputable vigilante that has publicly brought known villains to justice then he note only brings with him a different 'code' but also a lot of R.A.I.D. baggage.

Easy, in case you are unaware, any meta-human, despite their services to society must answer to R.A.I.D. Vigilantism is naturally frowned upon by the guys in black and so they would always be trying to take down Stretch, even if he is trying to make a difference and people support him.

This does present a quandary. In NEW DAWN I presented the idea that meta-humans can register themselves and thus they are legal in society, but of course always under the thumb of R.A.I.D.. Their registry does not allow them to don a costume and start fighting crime, in fact they are watched closely for this taboo behavior, but perhaps these people might be used by the government just as the Subbear has them utilizing known criminals for their meta-talents. There is also a REG-MET (Registered Meta-human division of R.A.I.D.) Unit that believes in rounding up and registering all meta-humans for the good of society.

I am not sure if this is how John's past works, I'm just throwing things out there. I am always trying to sort out in my head the dynamics of R.A.I.D. It makes perfect sense that they would utilize meta-humans and take advantage of their abilities just as Subbear has been portraying but what about meta-humans that are actually making a difference and doing a service. Yeah, there's the old argument that eventually a vigilante who is not bound by the same oath as sworn law enforcement officers will cause injury to an innocent, but if that vigilante was super-powered and could make a significant difference in a situation wouldn't the power's that be opt to take advantage of that? I dunno. Maybe, eh?
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:42 pm

I am totally okay with any new ideas on our original storyline, these stories must evolve in order to draw new players and keep the ones that we have. I don't expect that all the characters will have the same relationship with R.A.I.D. that John does, perhaps someone like Ned knows someone on the inside, someone who keeps the eyes of R.A.I.D. and other agencies off of him.

Easy, this thread is about a world where government and law enforcement have grown very invasive and overstepped their original mandates, it not quite 'big brother' but this is a world where the government and it's agencies have become almost fascist. In the recent past the government had relied on 'meta-humans', people with extraordinary abilities as covert agents and operatives, but many of these metas have been burned by the government and some have been imprisoned after serving their country, a few have even been assassinated or vanished in federal custody. Upon using these uniquely gifted people to further their vast agendas the government became aware of how powerful many of these metas were and began an attempt to limit their freedoms and control their lives. After this major shift in direction many metas left the employ of the government and returned to civilian life, this did not stop the government from trying to maintain control over them. In addition to that they sought to locate and identify any and all unknown metas and passed many laws requiring metas to 'register' themselves. In this thread fighting crime is the job of the trigger happy police and federal agencies. Any metas that pop up on the radar and are not currently registered or not currently co operating with the authorities are subject to arrest by the highly trained agents and troopers of R.A.I.D. This branch of law enforcement was specifically created to deal with metas and they have the training and weapons to do just that.

There is a great deal of anti-meta sentiment in this world, the gov and the media has spent years painting metas as dangerous and psychologically damaged, most people believe this and fear metas and the fact that there are many meta villains running amok has not helped. In a world where cameras and camera phones are everywhere the 'heroes' in this thread struggle to live their lives and stay out of prison while using their abilities to help those that cannot help themselves.

I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Nicely put. I actually went and posted that in the Rules section so that people can easily find that important bit of info. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:49 pm

There's also lots of information located here in the NEW DAWN COMPENDIUM

The information is fairly generic, but of course it is entirely up to Subbear if any of it is to be incorporated. I think, though, that the Riggs Act (2004) is the same one from the original Heroes story line.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 pm

I am sure that info from New Dawn will carry over nicely to The Breakaway, they both have a similar basic outline. Tiph created R.A.I.D., he gets all the cred for that, it has added much to both threads. The Riggs act of 2004 demands that metas at or above a certain power class make themselves known to the Gov at risk of interrogation, prolonged detainment, or imprisonment without due process. All unregistered metas are treated as violent criminals and pursued with extreme prejudice. The act also contains a lot of specifics about metas that are former government employees, the powers that be want very much to see them locked away or destroyed.

Thanks Tiph!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:24 am

Thanks but I can't take credit for R.A.I.D., that was Socks, although I believe that someone would have eventually created a similar antagonist to balance out the story.

I wrote Developing Your Meta-Human to clarify and outline what a basic meta-human is and thought I would distinguish a reason why super-heroes seem to stick around for such a long time by creating the 'longevity gene'. The reason why Easy's character ages slower can be attributed to this common trait.

I also made up the THE WILSON META-HUMAN REGULATION & THE RESCINDENCY TREATY in an attempt to build up a rich mythology so that we have some history for those who wish to portray older characters. I also created the super-hero Battalion. He would be the equivalent of Super-man in our story, the greatest of all meta-human crime fighters. I like the romantic idea of someone like Super-man taking a stand and falling against the might of the powers that would eventually form into R.A.I.D. and similar organizations. My oldest character, Wraith, will occasionally make references to Battalion, and reminisce about the good 'ol days when costumed crime fighters were accepted. Battalion is supposedly dead, but a body was never found. Now, he's sort of like Elvis... once in while someone says they saw him.

There's also a write-up on plasma weaponry, the weapon of choice for R.A.I.D. agents and enforcers/troopers. Naturally the type of guns they use will vary, but the plasma guns are usually standard issue. I should also clarify (as Subbear already alluded) that there are Agents and Troopers for R.A.I.D. It stands to reason, that the organization would be comprised of both specially trained investigators and then there would also be the highly trained troopers called in when they need to take down a powerful meta-human.

I have distinguished these various types of RAID troopers (agents can also wear the armour but they are often plain clothed like F.B.I. unless they are a planned mission).

This is honestly my favourite story line because of all the history and super-hero mythology, which I love. Both stories are great!

Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Is that Post ok guys????   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Sub Bear...

I hope that was my que to come in from what you wrote with the NPC. As it stands the NPC Kristina doesn't suspect my character Ned to be another super hero Meta and my character doesnt know she working for the other side.

So she doesnt have any control over him at this point.

Easy
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:36 am

I am excited to see you dive in, it's ballsy to have Ned bed red-ha! I do not imagine Kristina will hang around him long, she's a user not a cuddle bunny. However until recently she was incarcerated for close to a year, she may want to catch up on life's simple pleasures...interesting...
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:39 am

Oh yeah- I'm trying to give Kasai a chance to chime in before I post some more mayhem.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Oh so glad you liked the post...

I gotta tell ya...Anything that looks that HOT (the Red-Head), I guarantee o'l Ned is gonna take a shot at it first and ask questions later. I read the whole story, all eleven pages and like it...its gonna be fun writing with all of you.

Easy

By the way, in a few posts Sheriff McIntire is gonna start running $1, $2 and $5 legal tenders on the war wagon besides gold as he opens 3 banks, one in Coyote Hills, one in Shady Gulch and one in Slippery Gulch. $5 legal tenders came into existance around 1863.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:48 am

So at this point...Ned Levy is little worried about the four guys in the bar/ He does recognize the super heros by face only, but doesnt remember where he's seen any of you before.

I think either John or Jasper spots Ned use his meta abilitiies to see him grasp the bike frame and realizes that he is like them. Ned thinks his abilities are a freak thing of nature and doesnt realize there are many like him.

So either Jasper flashes a electrical blast in front of Ned or a fight breaks out between them or as soon as Ned steps out trouble in avertantly comes to them and Ned ends up in the middle of their fight against the Mob...he soon realizes that were all of the same side...but for now both Jasper and Ned are unsure how far the other can trust the other

That sound ok to you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes The Breakaway - OOC   Heroes The Breakaway - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes The Breakaway - OOC
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next