Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again   BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:24 am

Elija, Sam, Puddin, Frankie, Galley without his signature top hat, Shinner, Daisey, Ferret and Weasle were all standing in a group at the ganplank, huddled closely together, waiting as Colleen, the Marshall and Raja approached. There semi hidden in the mass of innocent looking faces was a large, furry, slack jawed, drooling face with its tounge hanging out and a top hat sitting percariously on his head.

As Colleen looked at them they said in unision " 'ello Mum." grinning innocently.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again   BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:18 pm

BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 Marshall_Kallend

Playing along with the charade, Marshall Kallend approached the children, "Hello," he greeted then extended his hand to the disguised beast, "I don't believe I've had the pleasure, Mister...?"

His outstretched hand prompted the intelligent animal to raise his massive paw to the Marshall and Koldothaur, made his strange sound which was like the cross between a bark and lion's howl.

"Mr. Ooooow,", the Marshall mimicked, subduing a chuckle as he politely shook the paw, "Pleased to meet you. I see you are on your way to Baloc with these mischievous little devils." he said placing his hands on his hips, then turning to Colleen for support in the matter.

Marshall Kallend wished that the Taerjen could accompany the boy, but a city was no place for such a creature, especially when many unscrupulous hunters would just see it as an opportunity to acquire a trophy.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again   BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:57 am

BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 ColleenSmith1

As the disguised beast stood among the children, Colleen hoped no one saw through the strange disguise and decided to make a scene. But even as nervous as she was, she couldn’t help but chuckle softly as she saw the exchange between the Marshall and Koldothaur. It was hilarious to see to say the least.

When the steam powered whistle on the Baloc Belle rang out announcing it was final boarding call for all passengers, Colleen looked to the children and shooed them aboard, letting Elija take another moment to say goodbye to the large, intelligent beast he had befriended. Once that was done, she turned once more to William and the others as tears stung her eyes. Linking them away, she took a deep breath and nodded.

”We’ll send word once we’ve settled in. Again, I can’t thank you enough for all you’ve done for us. I could never repay you in this lifetime. I just hope that you somehow know you saved our lives.”

Looking down into the eyes of the Taejern, she saw the intelligence within the deep pools and smiled. Leaning down to speak to his ear, she relayed her thanks to him as well.

”Thank you as well, Koldothaur. No friend could ever be as loyal to Elija as you have been. I promise to send him to visit you often. Just promise me you’ll be by his side the whole time.”

As she spoke to the beast, Koldothaur leaned n closer to her letting his head touch hers. When Colleen asked him to be with Elija when he came back to visit, she actually felt his head nod affirmatively letting her know he would most definitely keep watch over the special child.

When she stood back up, she took a step closer to William and hugged him warmly before stepping back again and smiling bravely.

”Take care, William.”

Turning on her heel, she walked across the gang plank and stepped onto the deck of the boat with Raj’s assistance. Once she was on board, the crew pulled the gang plank back on board and released the ropes that kept the vessel moored to the dock. As the large paddle wheel began to churn up the water, the kids waved good bye as did Colleen.

A new life awaited them in Baloc and until then, they had a lovely boat ride.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again   BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:05 pm

The Balco Belle sounded its whistle one last time as it embarked back to the city from whence it had come. The water churned, as the great wheel turned and slowly and steadily the riverboat made it's way down river while those passengers not set to return in a while waved farewell to their loved ones left at the dock.

BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 Lasekura_Closeup

Raj with the help of Sam and Elija toted the luggage to their quarters. On the top deck, they had four rooms in a row on the starboard side. They were cramped, which was why Marshall Kallend had planned ahead and purchased two for the children, while Mrs. Smith and Lasekura each had the luxury of their very own chambers. Then again it might have been the kid in the old man, realizing that the boys might like some privacy on their first river boat adventure.

Their work done, Lasekura smiled warmly at the boys and asked, "So who's ready for a drink? A root beer perhaps?" he offered, and shuffled them off ahead of them down to the main deck.

They located the dining room and Raj and the eager boys strolled up to the bar where he ordered two root beers and a iced tea for himself. When he saw the boys eyeing the candy in the display, he also couldn't resist each buying them some licorice, giving it to them on the premise that they share with the others. The smiles he received brightened his morning even more, but also saddened his heart a little when he thought of the future in store for Elija.

Wandering toward the patio to the bow of the boat, Raj found Colleen sitting and staring out across the waters as blue as her eyes. He placed a tall glass of iced tea on the small table before her and sat on the opposite side of her, on the bench that ran along the side of the ship.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Raj inquired with a radiant smile across his dark face.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again   BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:39 pm

BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 ColleenSmith1

Colleen was brought back to reality when Raj set the iced tea down on the table and sat across from her. Blinking, she looked at the drink then to Raj and offered the handsome man a smile as well. Taking a drink of the tea then setting the glass back down on the table, she looked out over the water for another moment before she looked over at Raj and smiled again.

“I was just thinking about how things have changed. Just a few months ago, I didn’t think I’d live to make it out of Fort Glory and now, here I am, riding on a lavish river boat headed to a city I’ve never seen before. I have an adopted son, and all of his street urchin friends. I’ve met people who I never knew existed. Seen things I would never imagine seeing in a million lifetimes and I’m trying to look forward to a future that, quite honestly, scares the hell out of me.”

Picking the glass back up, she took another drink as she looked out over the water, set the glass in her lap and looked back over at Raj with another smile.

”Bet you didn’t think a penny’s worth would get you that much, did you?”

Colleen had accepted that she and Raj would be nothing more than good friends. Not that she would mind being more, but they were from very different worlds. Somehow they had been brought together by a common thread: Elija. Besides, she didn’t have time for romantic relationships. She had to keep Elija protected, along with Raj. If she let herself get distracted by something or someone else, she took the risk of allowing Elija to get hurt…or worse.

So Colleen had learned to relax around Raj and talk to him like the true friend he was. And she was very grateful for his presence in her and Elija’s life. He was the voice of authority when Elija and the other kids didn’t seem to take her seriously. He was the voice of reason when she would let her fears get the better of her and she started thinking terrible thoughts. He was, in short, the brother she never had.

Colleen knew it was knowing Raj was accompanying her and the kids that made the move all the better for her. If he had not been a part of the equation, she wasn’t sure just exactly what she would have done. Not just for the move, but at any time, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again   BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOOK 3 - CHAP 3 - Learning to Live Again
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2